No Profit Challenge is an ambitious project, financed together with other 30 projects selected between more than 1000 submitted to "Con il sud che partecipa" initiative organized by Fondazione CON IL SUD (Foundation for Southern Italy).
The project is conceived by Giosef Italy - Giovani Senza Frontiere and collects in partnerships Arci Sicilia, Ariciragazzi Sicilia, CGIL Sicilia, Forum of the Terzo Settore Sicilia, CESVOP Center for Volunteering in Palermo and ANCI Sicilia.
Based on a "socially friendly" portal and application for Android and IOS, it has the following features:
- 2 profiles: volunteer and organisation
- Volunteer comes in contact with nonprofit organisations and find out where to possibly offer their help on the basis of common interests
- The organisation publishes its "application for help" and the user chooses to participate by receiving an automatic matching notification
- Once the activities are completed, organisation and volunteer give mutual feedback to measure the impact of the initiative and certify the skills developed in the volunteers who took part
When a feedback has been received, the volunteer's account updates with a history of all accumulated experiences, filterable by location, industry and skills developed The goals are summarised as follows:
Increase the visibility of ONPs and Volunteers and spread volunteering opportunities
- Making volunteering accessible and appealing especially among young people, so as to encourage their participation
- Encourage the process of recognition of Youth and Social Worker figures through a system of verification and certification of acquired skills
- Fill up the "gap of participation" in the Mezzogiorno.
To pursue these goals and promote the launch of the digital instrument, the project provides:
- 18 launch and promotion meetings of the Portal (2 per Province) to present the Project and promote the Portal;
- Info Corner on the Project at Local Partner Sites;
- 18 meetings (2 per Province) to co-design volunteer initiatives with local organisations and people interested in helping;
- 18 Volunteer Initiatives (2 per Province) for the restoration of the urban design to be conducted based on the peculiarities of the selected territories and the characteristics of the actors involved in organising the initiatives.